Spread the love

Car accidents occur frequently throughout the United States and Canada. If you’ve had the misfortune of getting injured in a car accident, you likely understand the physical and emotional trauma that follows. Not only can the healing process after a car accident be difficult, but you may face a significant financial burden for your damages.

When you know someone else caused your car accident, you must take legal action if you want to hold them accountable and get the money you deserve. If your car accident occurred in Canada, your case will work similarly to a case in the United States; however, you may need the help of a personal injury lawyer from Jasmine Daya & Co to obtain the settlement you deserve.

Why Car Accidents Occur Near Toronto

Similar to the United States, car accidents often occur near Toronto because of negligence. Negligent drivers may cause a car accident if they’re speeding, driving under the influence, or distracted behind the wheel. A car accident near Toronto may also occur if a car part malfunctions or if a roadway hazard appears unexpectedly. Knowing what caused your car accident is key if you hope to file a claim. 

Who to Sue for Your Toronto Car Accident

Once you know why your car accident in Canada occurred, you can determine who to sue. If a driver caused your accident because they were negligent, you can sue them directly. If they were driving a commercial vehicle, it’s possible to sue the driver’s employer.

A car accident that occurs because of a car malfunction may be the fault of the car manufacturer. Alternatively, a roadway hazard may be the fault of the government. 

Damages You Can Recover in Your Car Accident Claim

Car accidents can lead to various damages that are both financial and non-financial. Although Canada has universal healthcare for necessary medical expenses, you’ll likely face other medical costs that aren’t covered by the government after you’re injured. You can recover compensation for any medical costs as well as lost wages from missing work and property damage.

Non-financial losses you may claim include pain and suffering, loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment of life, and emotional distress. The responsible party in your car accident should have to pay for all the ways the accident affected your lifestyle.

As a citizen in the United States or Canada, you deserve a fair share for any accident you’re involved in. With the support of a strong legal team, you can fight for what you deserve and maximize the settlement you receive.